When it comes to label printing quality is of utmost importance to many. Because of this, many are foregoing print speed to ensure that the quality of their prints continues to be consistent for all of their products.
What if you didn’t have to choose between efficiency and that high-quality appeal for your labels? If downtime or waste wasn’t as big of a factor? Arrow Systems may have the solution for you.
What is Print Speed?
Before we can begin we must first understand what both print speed and resolution are. Print Speed is the averaged measurement of pages per minute the printer is capable of printing. It, however, is not as simple. Print speed can vary depending on many factors such as if it is monochromatic or full color. If it is printing plain text or high-resolution images. Print speeds don’t account for processing and warm-up time in our traditional laser or inkjet printers.
Print Resolution on the other hand measures the dots per inch of either ink or toner a printer can print on a square inch of a specific substrate. What many people fail to realize is that this isn’t the only determining factor when considering the print resolution. In reality, the resolution is also impacted by the substrate alignment, the type of substrate it is working with, and even the quality of inks that are purchased.
Your standard printers normally include three printing options ranging from your normal plain text to the high quality needed for photo printing. High quality may look amazing with high resolutions but they also utilize more ink. These can quickly increase the operating costs of your prints in order to maintain the optimal prints your customers have come to expect from your brand.
How Do We Get The Most Out Of Our Print Speeds?
While print speed may be determined by the print engine there are some tips you can follow to try and maximize your machine’s capabilities. Whether a simple sticker printer or a full-color label printer, these tips should assist you in maintaining appealing labels while keeping your costs relatively low.
- Utilize the native language of your printer
- When utilizing the native fonts and language your printer already recognizes, you take away the need for translation. When a font for example isn’t coded to match your printer’s language, it must translate the image before printing. This processing takes time and slows down the printing process.
- Consider Printing From A browser Over Label Designing Software
- By applying an order number, users can gather the necessary information to route the print job to the printer without having to load the entire design software.
- Apply A Standardized Print Form
- Standardized printing forms allow your users to design, edit, update and ultimately print within the same software. The form is written in the same language and referencing the first tip, you’ll spend more time printing and less time processing the information.
Why ArrowJet Aqua 330R:
Why sacrifice speed for quality or vice versa when there is a perfect digital solution for your company? ArrowJet Aqua 330R brings you amazing prints with aqueous pigmented inkjet technology. It maintains 1600 x 1600 dpi all at 27 meters per minute. (almost 90 feet per minute).
ArrowJet Aqua 330R is the first digital solution on the market that doesn’t make your company choose between efficient output and optimal designs. With the capabilities to perform flexible packaging and label printing, these durable, food-safe prints are the solution your business has been searching for.
Find out more information on ArrowJet Aqua 330R on our website or request a quote today to see just how digital solutions are right for your business.